Monday, June 10, 2013

'I was devastated and hysterical': Pregnant Tina Malone's heartbreak after discovering she has lost one of her unborn twins

'I was devastated and hysterical': Pregnant Tina Malone's heartbreak after discovering she has lost one of her unborn twins

Pregnant Tina Malone has revealed her heartbreak after discovering she had lost one of her unborn twins.
The 50-year-old actress announced earlier this year that she was pregnant with her 31-year-old husband Paul, and doctors thought she was expecting twins.
However, after a recent ultrasound scan, Tina discovered that one of her babies is healthy while the other had not survived.
Scroll down for video
Heartbreak: Tina Malone has revealed she recently found out that one of her unborn twins did not survive
Heartbreak: Tina Malone has revealed she recently found out that one of her unborn twins did not survive
Writing in her column in the Sunday Mirror newspaper, Tina said that she was thrilled when she first saw the two embryos in her womb before the reality of the situation struck.
She said: 'Looking closely, I realised that one of the babies was bigger and had a huge, wonderful heartbeat, while the other had no heartbeat at all.
'I was devastated, hysterical. But you've got to realise that things like that just happen, and I've got to be grateful. I'm happy, healthy and so thankful for the baby I have growing inside me.'
Tina and Paul are now doing their best to look forward and ahead to welcoming their child into the world, with the actress convinced she's having a boy while Paul believes she's expecting a girl.
'So happy': Tina, 50, and her 31-year-old husband Paul Chase revealed he pregnancy news earlier this month
Excited: Tina, 50, and her 31-year-old husband Paul Chase revealed the pregnancy news last month
In an interview on Daybreak earlier this month, Tina hit out against criticism that she's too old to have another baby, insisting that the timing had never been right before.
She said: 'I'd always wanted another child but the time was never right. You know what, you could drop dead tomorrow. My mother is 74 years of age.
'She's at the gym two or three times a week, potters around with her sisters, shopping - she can still be on a dancefloor til 2am. 
'I'm fitter now than I was 20 years ago - I've lost 11 stone, I'm 15 years sober.'
Tina added: 'My mum always said I don't do things by halves. I was pregnant at 17 and now I'm 50 and pregnant and it's just wonderful. It's my husband's 31st birthday today so it's just been a wonderful month all round.'


No comments:

Post a Comment